Thursday, November 13, 2008

Comcast's 30 Second Skip



I just recently learned that you can program your Comcast DVR remote to skip ahead in 30 second intervalls.  I'm a little upset because this means that I have have unnecessarily wasted hours of my life using the [near worthless] fast forward function.  I would cheer everytime I was able to stop the fast forward on time and not have to go back, and then forward, and then back again...

If you have a Comcast DVR, and you don't do this, you are a fool.

1) Press the “Cable” button at the top of the remote.

2) Press and hold “Setup” until the “Cable” button blinks twice.

3) Type in the code 994. “Cable” will blink twice.

4) Press “Setup” (do not hold it).

5) Type in the code 00173.

6) Press the yellow triangle button with the A inside (near the "My DVR" button).

7) This is now your 30 second skip button.


Enjoy, tell a friend.  

My guess why they didn't include this as a standard feature is to appease their advertisers.  It is a sticky situation for TV right now, since you can watch shows commercial free online (like www.wuzzu.com, www.hulu.com, www.veoh.com), you can download them onto your ipod (www.itunes.com), and you can just skip them with the press of a single finger.


No comments:

Post a Comment