Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This is McDonalds.

Granted this is a McDonalds in Hawaii, but this is the first time I've seen something on the menu there that I don't have a clue what it is. This was next to the 'SPAM and Eggs Breakfast' poster, which we all can appreciate, and I'm going to assume haupia is a fruit.

If it were a poster for a Loco Moco, I'd know that was - that is a hamburger patty with fried eggs over rice and smothered in gravy. I had one of those this morning. Truly glutonous but "when in Rome" you should indulge at least once.

In Japan you often get asked if you want the Western breakfast or the Japanese breakfast. So what if smoked fish and a raw egg over rice is not your idea of the best way to jump start the day, you have to try it.

I think it is unfortunate that so many Americans wake up to corn flakes with pasteurized and homogonized milk, white toast, and robusta coffee. Pass the smoked fish please...

No comments:

Post a Comment