Tuesday, July 29, 2008

XLerator Hand Dryer

Has anyone seen these yet? This was my second contact with an Xlerator and the experience is exhilarating! Wow are my hands dry, and so fast too!

The advantages of blowers are varied and many over paper towels; no trees, no landfill - however, until now they just... took... too... long... to... dry... your... hands. In a crowded restroom like say, an airport, they would be downright frustrating.

www.wikipedia.com has an interesting article on hand dryers and cites studies done that seem to contradict their seemingly obvious superiority over paper towels. One even states that bacteria can be sprayed in a 3 foot radius around them.

Well, I say good riddance to paper towels and apparently, McDonalds has said the same. The McDonalds' WC's that I have visited in the last few years have been exclusively hand dryers. Unfortunately, not the high speed ones yet though.

High speed hand dryers are the future. Dyson of the vacuum empire has even entered the ring. I haven't seem one yet but I'm sure they look very cool. Another manufacturer even boasts an air velocity on 185 mph.

Go green, viva hand dryers, and if Dyson says they're cool, then who am I to blow against the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment