Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The $1200 blender

As we we're poking around the restaurant supply store, we came upon this. Eureka, the $1200 blender. Oh what a fine and mighty margarita you could make. Just think of how smooth the dacquri could be. Have we ever had a blended drink prepared in such a vessel?

What makes it so expensive I began to myself. How much faster could it be than our $40 blender, which is a nice one if I don't mind saying so. Currently I could make a batch of pina colada in about 30 seconds. Surely cutting that down to even 5 seconds wouldn't warrant such a price tag.

Would it last forever? Out shine the life of 30 more mild-mannered blenders of the domestic variety? Can it blend incredibly hard objects? But then, please explain, whey you would want to eat these incredibly hard objects.

I'm at a loss, maybe I'll write a letter to ask them. Then again, maybe some things are better left a mystery...

No comments:

Post a Comment